Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C32 plus some other vehicles
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned an E class in the past and really liked the car, so I'm on the hunt for the perfect black W211. It sure seems like there are more E500s for sale than E320s, and for less money, which seems odd. So I'm here to ask the experts - why is that?

·
Registered
2012 E350 4Matic Wagon P2 Lane Tracking Driver Assit. Heated/Ventilated/Multicontour*/Leather seats
262 Posts
I noticed that when I was on my search too. Gas mileage? Insurance? Scared of the extra HP? lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
The 500 consume more fuel and is heavier on maintenance. I personally think 500 on e class is not a good buy

·
Registered
C32 plus some other vehicles
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought a possible reason might be the air suspension - lots of people scared of those, myself included to some extent after some experiences with Lincolns.....

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
I've owned an E class in the past and really liked the car, so I'm on the hunt for the perfect black W211. It sure seems like there are more E500s for sale than E320s, and for less money, which seems odd. So I'm here to ask the experts - why is that?
I noticed same while was looking for E320 CDI...Reasons probably as previously mentioned - Gas price/consumption IMHO could be the main reason.
Have you looked for your perfect black on CarGuru's?
Found mine thru them...took only 4 month to locate perfect buy ( black as well )

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
The 500 consume more fuel and is heavier on maintenance. I personally think 500 on e class is not a good buy
I just picked up an E500 Sport with Panoramic roof and black leather. Drove an E320 it was too boring as I was used to the power from the V8 on my old CLK430. a good clean e500 2003-2005 shouldn't cost you more than $18k at most with under 60000 miles. The air ride is a feature that people don't like because of the cost but it all depends on where you live, if you are driving on bumpy roads where there is alot of pot holes then ya i would stick with the 320 other than that I have seen these cars run with the original suspension on them for more than 150000 miles.

All i have to say is whenever i hit the gas it puts a smile on my face and the gas mileage i get with my heavy foot is around 400 miles per tank in the city and about 450 on the hwy which is not bad for a 5.0L V8

good luck with your search :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts