Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I purchased the vehicle it was Gold, had some minor scratches and dents, so last week I took it to the body shop for repairs and complete paint color change from Gold to Black

Next I need a personalized license plates that reads BLK SAB 39

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,542 Posts
Complete color change a lot of work!

Did they paint door jambs?

The gold was not one of the best colors in my opinion. Looks like a quality job.

Be sure to register color change with local DMV. Other wise a police stop could get interesting!

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More back story:

New battery
New upper control arms
New lower ball joints
New tie rods (4)

Just ordered (2) power seats as it was not a sport model but I know how to convert it to power seats
Both bumpers have been replaced
All dents scratches and dings removed

complete drive line service
Brake fluid flush and replaced
Pioneer head unit with iPod integration installed
Viper alarm with talking module installed

soon to upgrade rims

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,512 Posts
Lord please don't get those wheels and the caps. I know these are personal taste, but chromed out wheels with chromed caps with gold star just look too bling on that nice black ML. Personally, even if you keep the wheels, black caps with the hood emblem design (black, not blue) would look great. Again, I appreciate that it's personal choice.

The wheel design is nice. Does the wheel offset work for the ML?

·
2,829 Posts
Too much bling bling imo. maybe that's just me.

And spacers?, ugh.... better to find the correct ET wheels

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,721 Posts
Normally I would not use spacers but I love the rims
If spacers are hub centric they may work. Spacers require longer bolts. That may lead to a quick disaster.

You take vehicle to tire chain for free rotation. Since it's free they go zap/zap and its done. Now, on one of the wheels spacer stayed on the hub on other it stayed on the wheel.
Result is one of the wheels is attached with four threads, on the other parking brake is destroyed by the time they back it out off the bay. ;)

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,354 Posts
That type of center cap gouges into the face of the wheel. Hopefully you don't grow tired of those. I've seen plenty of wheels damaged by them.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,914 Posts
So those centre caps cover the bolts do they ?
You’ll have to drive that ML with the windows down , your arm out the window and bopping your head to doff doff music. I think it will look like a pimp mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
888 Posts
Not my cup of tea,..but if makes you happy.. that's what counts..
My only concern is the spacers.. Be sure you get them on absolutely flat and straight..otherwise you'll chew up your tires and risk an accident..

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that may be your option but your wrong because I listen to Black Sabbath Van Halen Judas Priest Ratt Scorpions Zeppelin W.A.S.P.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,739 Posts
Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I am not even sure how these work. What is the diameter of the chrome piece? If they, in fact, use the center circle to secure to the wheel and then cover up the wheel bolts, to me it is not a good look. Add on top of that the gold MB logo, and it just makes it worse.

Just too much BLING......I much prefer keeping vehicles OEM, but that's just me........

If I am wrong as far as the mounting, please let me know, and post a picture if possible of the final look you are trying to achieve.

To each his own and it does look like a beautiful paint job....

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,739 Posts
When I purchased the vehicle it was Gold, had some minor scratches and dents, so last week I took it to the body shop for repairs and complete paint color change from Gold to Black

Next I need a personalized license plates that reads BLK SAB 39
What is the meaning for your license plate choice ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts