1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 E250 C207 and 2012 ML350 W166
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aluminium Running Boards PART NUMB. AND PROCEDURE

I Did It In My Home, It Takes 3-4 Hrs. Job, Great Result

For all folks interested in the job , here are some pics. after the job was done, sorry i didn't take any during the process, you have to order de boards at your dealer (they never have in stock)

To those interested in this; the MB part numb. is 6-6-88-0610 and comes both sides and hardware in one box.
INSTALL PROCEDURE (SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH) I live in Mexico.
ELEMENTAL TIPS; Be plenty of time to avoid rushing you wil need at least 4 Hrs.. Work under roof if possible. Use proper tools METRIC sizes. Ware protective lens when working under car to avoid dust in your eyes. always have a cool drink close to you (I prefer Heineken) and enjoy your job. For people who has "allergy" to the tools I recomend go to the dealer for installation.
THE TOOLS; wrench: 10 and 13 mm. or ratchet and sockets 10 and 13 mm. a large screw driver to help pry off old plastic moldings, torx 20 screw driver for the very last part of installation, (some other tools maybe needed). get a 6 pack.
THE PROCEDURE; Rise one side of car to get room enough to work under the car (when needed) I used wood blocks watch pictures, start by remove expansion clips 3 in front wheel well and 3 rear, remove 2 black rubber blocks under the car (jack site) after this you may remove all black plastic moldings use large screw driver to pryoff pryout all plastics (you will never need them again) open both doors side you are working this will help to remove everything. The new running boards kit comes with everything hardware and instructions just follow them there is no problem.
Enjoy the job and save big money (installation at dealer)
Hope and wish this helps folks interested in DIY .
I will appreciate your comments. Fernando
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
can u please post a step by step procedure of the install??? im planning on doing my own install in d near future....

and the part numbers please...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice work SCIANDRA. I am too looking to fit these. If you don't mind posting some more profile and front pictures which are not as close up that would be great.

A step by step procedure would be nice but I know it's a drag.

·
Registered
01 ML320
22 Posts
anyone know if it fit 163?

I have 2001 ML320 and love to have this running board.
Anyone know if it fit ML320?

·
Registered
'10 Mbz S550, '03 Mbz C240, '03 Audi A4 2.0 Stroker, '08 Lexus SC430 PB Edition, '07 Prius
643 Posts
that ml320 has its very own set, get the 2004-05 version with the blue entry lights would bolt right on the w163 and looks great. WOW! I Want It! GREAT JOB!!!!

·
Registered
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech lowering module
181 Posts
Looks gos SCIANDRA. I didn't know they could be purchased seperately so I had it added to my ML build.

Great write up and thanks for the pics!!

·
Premium Member
2007 ML320CDI, 1959 220SE, 1971 280SL, 1982 380SL
750 Posts
You are much better off to order with the ML at the time of the build-- The option lists at $500 if ordered during with the car and the factory does the installation work. These cost apprx $1,300 list to buy later and you are responsible for the installation.

·
Registered
2016 E250 C207 and 2012 ML350 W166
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this MB part number is just for W164 , you have to ask at your dealer wich running boards fits your W163

·
Registered
2006 Alpine Rain ML500
15 Posts
Hello All,

I just got off the phone with my Parts Department in Laguna Niguel, CA and there is a 7 month wait on these running boards! So you can order them, but you are waiting for quite some time....Also was told you have to go to the Service Department to initiate a request. Can't even just order them directly from Parts Dept!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hay Fernando, I just got my boards but no installation instructions included in the box. Can you maybe scan yours if you still have them? thanks, BAS

·
Registered
2006/ML350
210 Posts
Nicely done; sure one can have it done by the dealer / factory but if it was a DIY...priceless.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Good job Fernando !

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
step by step installation

Hi, do you mind to show me the step by step of installation for the running board? I can not really understand the installation manual. Sorry for my poor english.

I Did It In My Home, It Takes 3-4 Hrs. Job, Great Result

For all folks interested in the job , here are some pics. after the job was done, sorry i didn't take any during the process, you have to order de boards at your dealer (they never have in stock)

To those interested in this; the MB part numb. is 6-6-88-0610 and comes both sides and hardware in one box.
INSTALL PROCEDURE (SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH) I live in Mexico.
ELEMENTAL TIPS; Be plenty of time to avoid rushing you wil need at least 4 Hrs.. Work under roof if possible. Use proper tools METRIC sizes. Ware protective lens when working under car to avoid dust in your eyes. always have a cool drink close to you (I prefer Heineken) and enjoy your job. For people who has "allergy" to the tools I recomend go to the dealer for installation.
THE TOOLS; wrench: 10 and 13 mm. or ratchet and sockets 10 and 13 mm. a large screw driver to help pry off old plastic moldings, torx 20 screw driver for the very last part of installation, (some other tools maybe needed). get a 6 pack.
THE PROCEDURE; Rise one side of car to get room enough to work under the car (when needed) I used wood blocks watch pictures, start by remove expansion clips 3 in front wheel well and 3 rear, remove 2 black rubber blocks under the car (jack site) after this you may remove all black plastic moldings use large screw driver to pryoff pryout all plastics (you will never need them again) open both doors side you are working this will help to remove everything. The new running boards kit comes with everything hardware and instructions just follow them there is no problem.
Enjoy the job and save big money (installation at dealer)
Hope and wish this helps folks interested in DIY .
I will appreciate your comments. Fernando
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts