Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E-320 4matic, Glacier White with Java interior 238K
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked older threads and didn't see any help there.

My 2000 has 255,000 miles on it. The voltage regulator gave out at about 225,000 miles (I know, it was long overdue). However, after replacing the regulator, I'm still getting low voltage warnings on the dash. The climate control unit shows mid-13 volts with the engine running and just under 12 volts with the engine off

I ordered a reman Bosch alternator, mindful of the differences in the 2000MY vins. It came with two lugs on the read, the large one and a smaller copper-looking one. Problem is that my alternator is a Valeo with to two wire modular plug for the smaller wire -- only one wire in it.

Question -- is there any difference in the wiring except for the modular plug? Will it work if I take off the modular plug and put on a ring lug? I obviously don't want to burn the alternator or anything else up.

Thanks

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,727 Posts
Mid 13 on clima display is perfect charging.
Below 12 battery is weak.
The battery 12 hr after engine shut down should show at least 12.5V or 12.2 on clima display.

·
Registered
9 Posts
intermit battery charge

Mid 13 on clima display is perfect charging.
Below 12 battery is weak.
The battery 12 hr after engine shut down should show at least 12.5V or 12.2 on clima display.
my 99 300e had the battery charge light come on a couple of times on the way home from work, found the post about using the climate control but now the light is not coming on. it reads 13.1 to 13.3 as soon as i start the car after awhile it goes to 13.3 to 13.5. checking it the next day like what you said above the battery read 11.0, so i took it to autozone to get a new battery , they check mines and said it was good. what should i do wait for the battery light to come back? sorry for the long post and jacking this thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts