Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes V220 CDI Auto - 2002
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, can anyone tell me what size alternator I need to replace my duff one. Mercedes are quoting me £640+vat for a 150A plus an extra 3hours labour to fit, (are they mad??).

Looking at ebay there are quite a few alternators brand new stating it to fit a V220 2.2CDI for only £99, these are 90A, but they look like they have the right fixings. I don't have all the electrics like DVD, heated seats, electric seats, etc so I think the 90A will do espeically at a £540 saving.

Some of you have already offered help with trying to fit it myself, so will give it a go, but just need to buy one first.

Can anyone offer me there thoughts??

regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Id go for a 120amp if you can. The V220 although you dont have electric seats etc still has alot of stuff like Auto Box ECU and Electric shifter, Leccy windows, Full electric air con etc..

ALL Alternators listed for a 2.2CDi will fit - Mechanically. Same mounts same bolts etc etc

But It won;t beable to keep up with providing a steady 13.6-14 volts your van needs when using Lights, A/C and AUTO selector!

Theres my Educated 2pence!

P.s - I can fit one in around 1.5hrs. I have done nearly 40 tho. On the floor also. 3 Hours is around book time. ITS a PAIN IN THE ARSE. so thats why they justify Labour at 3 hours!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts