Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i discoverd my new alternator has an extra wire connector on it, or should i say my existing alternator only has three wires on a single connector, where as the new one has this three wire connector block, and another single wire connector.
what is the extra one for?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
today i fitted the new alternator, the extra male lug on the back was on the old one, it has a wire connected to it with what looks like a resistor that screws to the body of the alternator, does anyone know what that does, and what it is called so ican get a new one because the dam thing is still spiking up to 15v and down to 7, i hope it is an earthing issue, i'm gonna add a dedicated earth strap from the alternator to the body.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,669 Posts
Nick,

The only extra part I am aware of on the alternator is the voltage regulator. It is held in place by two phillips screws on the back of the unit. It looks like this:

Good Luck,

Jayare

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jayare, but that is not the item! it is a female spade connection with about 1.5 inches of wire, then an oblong .5 inch by 1.5 inch by 1/8 inch with flat plate and one hole that attaches to the back of the alternator by one small screw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts