Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw and alternative Filter for a 312, this was a CAV housing mounted at the rear of the engine bay. The filter housing had a glass bowl underneath. Owner claimed the Filters were half the cost of the MB units.

Am not prepared to use this type of setup on my 313 because of the electrical connection (switch) on the bottom of the filter housing. This electrical connection incidentally in Australia costs $95Aud or around $63US. Am told the switch/connection is easy to swap over to the new filter but am seriously looking at buying one just in case of problems when I am in the outback.

Peter

313 4x4 ,E320 CDI X 4,A160,A170 CDI ,W123,420 SEL,S420 L,420SEC,230,SLK230K, C180 ,C200,C230K, C230K
234 Posts
Peter, If you are talking about the 313 CDi , then the connector on the bottom of the filter is to let you know there is water in the filter, I would not recomend changing to a different filter because there is a Bi metalic valve ( cowhorn ) on the top of the filter which directs fuel either to the tank or back thru the filter depending on temp. Hope this helps
Bruce

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.