Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats been done?
any documented links?
Trans is shagged in mine and oil light was coming on too near the end, so possible engine damage.
Slipping trans had tach through redline into the clock!
Dont think it was actually doing 8000rpm but.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
ANY engine transplant is going to be a pretty major engineering project, with custom exhaust, mating a foreign ECU, getting the tach and other gauges working right, getting the speedometer working right (the mercedes speedometer is cable driven off the transmission), custom engine mounts, drive shaft, etc etc etc. squeezing a v8 into an engine compartment meant for a straight 6 is a pain too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes..I agree...and any used engine/trans units are now 30 years old and ticking away to failure.
$800 Subaru Forester went great on the 400kms trip home, I've decided to keep it,:smile
I just put 4 new tyres on it today, that extinguished the AWD light flashing, will get the 02 sensors checked to isolate the one throwing the Check Engine light...and tomorrow change the engine oil and filter.
Quite like the W124's though and could see another in my future.
One that's local with a good service history.
Till then its Happy Subaru:smile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Motorbikerx
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing