Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<br><br>
<br><br>
Someone rear-enden my C43 AMG. The car held up incredibly well. No body damage at all! The bumper cover and bumper under it needs to be replaced. ...BUT the car that hit me was on the brakes thus pointed down, so pushed my exhaust forward and down. Need a new exhaust.<br><br>
<br><br>
Question:<br><br>
Is there a alternative/superior exhaust system I could put on the C43, or just stick with the AMG replacement parts?<br><br>
<br><br>
Thanx All

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are many alternative exhausts for your car...

I'm sorry about the accident. I was looking for an exhaust for my 97' c230 on the internet and I found a lot of aftermarket exhausts. Remus, Lorinser, Brabus, Renntech make exhausts but they have their flaws. Firstly, the Brabus exhaust will not fit your factory amg rear bumper becuase the brabus exhaust was designed to fit with the brabus body kit.<br> Secondly, I've heard complaints from fellow c class owners about the remus exhaust rusting over a year or two. <br> The Renntech exhaust is probably the most expensive. I've seen it on their site for about $1,200. I don't know too much about the Lorinser exhaust, But I've seen pictures of it and it looks decent. <br> Well, I ended up with a c43 amg exhaust that's waiting to be installed. I got it for about $750 (just the muffler with 1 foot of piping) from a car performance shop. You can get a really good price on your factory exhaust from www.AUTOCLASS.NET I think that they sell it for around $700, but don't quote me on that one. <br> One last thing....How bad is the damage to the exhaust? Do you have to replace the entire exhaust fromt the cat-back or is it just the muffler that needs to be replaced? Good luck to.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They all give you the same amount of horsepower & torque

Most exhausts (even your factory exhaust) will give your car between 5-8 horsepower. They just look different.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: There are many alternative exhausts for your car...

Thanx for the reply & info. I looked into the Lorinser. They were honest and stated it's the same performance, just different sound.<br> <br> The damage is pretty bad. There's a split by the cat, so most all the exhaust is being replaced I understand. Insurance company was great (Hanover), and already provided me with a check for just a few 100 dollars shy of the full price of the estimate. <br> <br> -S-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts