Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Alternate pto winches for 404 Mog

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  kopirus 
#1 ·
Hello ,
Due to the seeming non existence of Werner F64s for sale or in stock by dealers ,i have decided to shame shame ,consider another pto winch for my Mog, already have the Pto and shafts for it ,i remember the Unimog Prairie Schooner in Four wheeler magazine had a Braden Mu2 and have one of these, but wanted to adapt it onto my M37 Dodge ,there are other Australian made winches here PTO that you can get cheaply and am considering one of these ,anyone else have any suggestions on winches you have ,used or seen put on a 404 thanks for any advice tips
Cheers
thanks
K

#3 ·
Hello tkv000,
I'm in Australia ,I did some searching and found Ramsey 20,000 pound winch ,several here for sale ,by the time I got an F64 here[if I could find one] it would cost 5 or $6000.00 or I can get a cheap second hand Australian Thomas winch from $350.00 up ,if I break it no big deal ,but doesn't have the owner satisfaction of a F64 , I really don't like electric winches .................I read you can reverse the original bumper brackets to mount the F64 don't know if that's correct .I did searches for F64s for sale but never find any
Thanks Trev
K

#4 ·
Did you check with Nashy99 and the other Aus vendors? They may be able to hang one from the front of a Unimog during import and help with shipping? (I don't want to speak for them but it's not uncommon for NA vendors and forum members to help in this manner)

If not I don't see why someone handy can't adapt a locally available PTO winch to a Unimog.

#5 ·
Not yet ,thanks for tip,just checked an older post I made on PTO, and someone advised me to Check ''Rotation direction'' if fitting a different winch ,something to wise to consider ,before getting caught unawares ,just a matter of fabricating and welding[bolting] up suitable brackets
cheers
K

#8 ·
As far as Aus vendors go
If your not in a hurry nashy99 brings a container in from o/s roughly every year. You would need to check with him for more details.
I got a front windscreen brought in to Aus in the container last time as nobody seems to want to ship glass?
As you are in brisbane mabey Unidan is an option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.