Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 clk 430
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off you guys on this froum are all great and the communication between all of you is fantastic!! That being said here is my question, I have an 02 430 with the stock 17" amg wheels which I do really like, However I really like the cls wheels, can anyone tell me if they will fit?? also I would like to lower it a little but dont want to slam it so I was thinking of lowering springs can anyone tell me where is the best and cheapest place to get them?? Benz on....

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
As far as springs, you could go with Eibach Sport and leave your existing pads and shocks. It will be a less radical drop but you will feel a positive differance in handling. Don't know the specs on the CLS but they look to be 18's. You'll need to find out the offset but spacers are a cure all. There also may be aftermarket CLS style wheels.

·
Registered
02 clk 430
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thrillkill for the info, can you tell me where is a good place to get the eibach sport springs? also the offset on the cls is 28mm front and 33mm rear, and if im not mistaken the clk is a 35mm, would I need spacers? thanks again..

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
I don't think that's going to work at all. If anything you would want a higher number, like for example 45 or something and then get a spacer to push it out. An offset of 28, I would think that would be much too far out and might cause problems with the fender. I'm not positive it will, but be aware of this.

·
Registered
02 clk 430
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JTBeche, so a higher number would be better from what your saying? also, where can I buy spacers and how would I know what size I would need? Thanks again..[:D]

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Well, from what I gather, 35 sounds like the perfect offset for 19's. Other sizes I'm not quite sure. Obviously though, you can't push your wheels out further than there is space, so you probably wouldn't want to go much "lower" than 35. Having a higher number offset will just make you tire be more "tucked in", which in turn you can correct. Spacers you can pretty much find anywhere including ebay. As far as what size, obviously that depends on the offset. Unfortunately though I don't really remember any great articles on what size to get for what offset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts