1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Today, a colleague from Brussels parked this in our underground car park:

- yes, a Lexus RX300 in the color that here is known as Arctic Blue. In the US, the color is called Breakwater Blue Metallic and looks slightly different:

but I believe the color is the same. I liked it, anyway, and believe it could be quite close to the W164 Alpine Rain, or as we call it Lasurite Blue:

Could any of you in the US/CAN with easier access to both vehicles (Lexus RX'es are almost as rare as W164 over here [;)][;)]) if possible have a look and confirm this theory - or shoot it down in flames [:I]

Birger

PS: Sorry about posting non-Mercedes pics, but I guess it's OK for comparison purposes......

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw an RX330 today that looked just like the blue one in your top photo. There was a bit of mud and dirt spattered on it (I didn't know people actually drove these on dirt roads), and it gave the impression of a woman having mud on her pantyhose and high heels.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Outrageous - 4/22/2005 8:36 PM

...it gave the impression of a woman having mud on her pantyhose and high heels.
Maybe it's time for her to get rid of the "muddy" pantyhose and high heels? [;)] [:D] [:I]

It was my understanding that this color is Alpine Rain:

·
Registered
ML350 Iridium/Black
182 Posts
any word

any word on availability of Alpine rain?? has anyone seen this color in person? feedback? seems like a decent alternative to silver, which i like, but is just too common.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Alpine Rain begins with June Builds.

Today I saw two of the RX330's in the color Birger mentioned above. YUCK! Too much like what we in the US call "baby blue". I was very feminine looking. Not a very rich color at all. I hope that the Alpine Rain doesn't turn out like that.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Birger...

Since the launch package W164s are only available in Black or Silver, I think it may be a while till we see the Alpine Rain as well!

I agree with Jack though, the RX's is rather, well, blue [:D] It would be nice though, if it was like MB's Horizon Blue!

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love blue it's my favorite color sans the darks though. But if it's close to the Lexus US blue then I'm completely happy with the Pewter I have coming in a matter of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts