Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Alpine / Ipod interface i installed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Longer than it should have. I blew fuse #10 because the 12V adapter sparked a little. So then the HU, Glove Box light, and 12V adapter would not work. I had to pop the hood and replace the fuse. And that fuse box is not easy to get into. So many different clips and what-not.

All in all it is about a 1 hour install (without all the other crap. It was about a 2 hours install with all the crap.). Works great too! I have read that it should not work well with my HU, but it works just fine, no lag at all between switching songs.

·
Registered
ML55, E320 4matic
326 Posts
hey guys, long time no talk here...anyways nice install man how long did it take you?

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttaleric - 3/19/2005 10:00 AM

All in all it is about a 1 hour install (without all the other crap. It was about a 2 hours install with all the crap.). Works great too! I have read that it should not work well with my HU, but it works just fine, no lag at all between switching songs.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
ttaleric - 3/19/2005 7:00 AM
I had to pop the hood and replace the fuse. And that fuse box is not easy to get into. So many different clips and what-not.
The fuse box? There are only two clips to undo! Just press down on the lid before undoing them or you might break one of the tabs as I did; the plastic was hot so it didn't like it quite as much I guess.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drew - 3/20/2005 2:27 AM

undoing them or you might break one of the tabs as I did

Me too.. Where can i buy new ones. It took me forever to figure out that those clips came off. i thought they were some sort of hinge(after you pop them off).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts