Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals

I need to replace my stock w202 headunit cause none of the buttons are working and was wondering you you all can help assist me on taking it out and puting the alpine in. How do i get the radio to stay in place if there are no adapters out there being sold. I also dont know how to get the radio out without the factory key to slide the radio out. Please help me find other ways to ge tthis broken piece of crap out!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
There is a adapter available for Pioneer decks. The MB to Pioneer adapter has the same connector as the radio (MB) and wires which you have to connect to the new deck. Also there is a antenna adapter which connects to the MB antenna and in to the new deck.
This way you don't need to cut any wires inside your dash.

I'm not quite sure that Alpine has that since i know Alpine radio bracket is compatible with BMW and Pioneer with MB.

I have done this and my Pioneer is installed on the Becker bracket which already in my dash with the mentioned adapters. The only thing to keep all setting in memory is to connect the radio yellow and red wire to red that goes to the car. That way you can use the radio without the key just like the original MB decks.

Good luck

Eddie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts