Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML 320: Engine:112942 31 305548, Transmission: 722662 03 807606, FrontAxelAL431020714752162233
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you guys have seen in past post I have the MSC that casues an electrical draw on the battery and removed fuse #21 to keep that from happening. I finally call customer support at Alpine in CA and the guy tells me to mail the MCS to them and a check for $325 and they will repair anything that is wrong. IF the find nothing wrong they mail back the MCS and my check and I am only out the postage. Well being cheap and unemployed I want to save money i.e. not buy a more modern double din when more features but thought it would be nice to know what are the common things they find wrong with the Mercedes MCS units they take in for repair. The guy either could not tell me due to lack of knowledge (perhaps they don't even track that information) of chose not to tell me so they could make money on the repair.

Here is the question to the group since Alpine says they reurn all repaired items with an explanation of the repair work done, for those of you that have either sent your MCS to repair or had your dealership do it for you what was the part/s replaced or repaired? I would like to do it myself and save money and learn something new along the way. I enjoy making my own repairs and the MCS would be another accomplishment.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
The few I have talked to people about were usually power supply issues in the unit or motors.
I wish I could tell you how to source those parts.
There is no way of knowing what parts would fix yours without an accurate cause of failure.

In some cases Alpine sent back a refurb unit and just flashed it to work with the original unlock code.
They kept the broken one as a core exchange.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts