Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
E 420
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys out there in benzworld land please tell me what i need to add an alpine CVA 1003 mobile media station to my 97 e420 with bose system.[:I][?]

Attachments

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
The place where you bought it should be able to tell you.

The place where you bought it should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
E 420
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crutchfield does not have the e class in thier data base for mobile video systems. any o...

crutchfield does not have the e class in thier data base for mobile video systems. any other ideas other than ask the people where i got the system from would be grately appreciated.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I would check with the highend stereo stores with them see if they have any experience wit...

I would check with the highend stereo stores with them see if they have any experience with MB's system.

·
Registered
e-320
33 Posts
what you do is you go to your nearest stereo shop and buy a vw wiring harness and a vw a...

what you do is you go to your nearest stereo shop and buy a vw wiring harness and a vw antenna adapter. your bose system will still work

·
Registered
99 Clk 430 Lorinsor springs 19" Oz Opera/ 00 ML 320 19" Moda R6
152 Posts
VW HARNESS?

WHY A VW HARNESS AND ANTENNA ADAPTER?

I HEARD THAT IF YOU CHANGE THE HU IN THE BENZ YOU LOSE THE BOSE SYSTEM B/C THE NEW HU CANNOT USE THE AMP

IS THIS TRUE? POSSIBLE FIXES?

·
Registered
43 Posts
my dad just put an alpine cva 1004 in my clk a week ago... u can still use the stock bose ...

my dad just put an alpine cva 1004 in my clk a week ago... u can still use the stock bose system... i bought my harness and antenna adapter from this guy in ebay for $30... its not really plug and play my dad needed to tap in to a few wires... type "mercedes adapter" in ebay and youll see it...

·
Registered
E 420
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CVA 1003 -1004

i just had my cva 1003 installed and the speakers give good sound but the base speakers by the rear window puts out low base. is that a problem you may have had and does the adapter solves this problem. Also if the level is to load sometimes i hear the the sound clip. Please give me any extra tips you may have.

Thanks in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts