Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
1,902 Posts
Unless the OP's car is an investment grade 82 300SD why hasn't anyone mentioned a blue dash cap? The cap is about $150 and a 20 minute install. I have seen these installed and they look very good. Was fooled by one a few years ago which really impressed me. I realize some dash caps for other MB's are questionable but the ones I have seen for w126 are quite nice. Here are a couple cellphone
pic's of one. Mike

·
Registered
89 560SEC
67 Posts
Oh, I'd definitely prefer original. But I think you're optimistic on how many crack free blue non-airbag dashes exist. They seem particularly susceptible to cracking and blue was the less common interior.
Ah... a blue one. I missed that part. That may be harder to find, definitely the older ones (early 80s)

Does it have any stitching/separate panels sewn together, or is it one solid piece that uniformly conforms to the entire surface area?
the dash was removed and the leather covering applied directly to it. there is some stitching around the cluster housing but otherwise it is continuous
You can find photos here https://www.ebay.com/itm/312874103015 (see description for link to all photos)

Unless the OP's car is an investment grade 82 300SD why hasn't anyone mentioned a blue dash cap? The cap is about $150 and a 20 minute install. I have seen these installed and they look very good. Was fooled by one a few years ago which really impressed me. I realize some dash caps for other MB's are questionable but the ones I have seen for w126 are quite nice.
My first car was a 81 300D (W123) and it had a dash cover piece like that, it was actually pretty decent, if you looked close you could see it wasnt original, but from normal seating position it was convincing, and especially from 20 feet

21 - 22 of 22 Posts