Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 c220 hadn't been driven in about 8 months due to the trans going and having to save up to fix it, $2700 and 8 months approx later I got her back on the road.
When the trans went the car had zero other problems (that I knew of). Since getting it back it drove beautifully for about the first two days then suddenly up a hill at 80km/h It lost alot of power and started blowing alot of white smoke from the rear, after that I gave it an oil change and radiator flush.

Topped up with high quality oil and coolant mixture I took it out to see how it went, and it drove well no smoke at all still not seeming at full power though, by the end of that day it had lost almost all power taking a life time to get to a maximum of 40km/h, at this time I could hear a constant whining noise.
If someone could please shed some light on my situation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips, the smoke was definatly white but since changing the oil I haven't seen any smoke. Do you think this will be a serious/expensive thing to fix?

Cheers for all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts