Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first post on this forum. I did a quick search to see what info I can find in regards to getting all terrain tires on my 2009 ML 350. I live in Baja California Mexico, and drive a lot on rough roads and sand/gravel roads. I know that the stock tire size is 255/50R/19, and I know there are no all terrain tires in that size. What I want to know is if I can increase the size of the tires to 255/60R/19, as there are 2 really good AT tires in that size, or will the increase in radius/diameter cause issues with handling or performance. In other forum threads I have seen that some people just get a new 17" rim which gives access to more AT tire choices.
Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 ML350 164.186 / 272.967 / 722.9
41 Posts
This may be a naive reply, but I have the same rig (2009 ML350)...how about snow tires? I have a set and they look pretty rugged (found some identical 19" wheels from a wrecked one and mounted/balanced them but have not intsalled them on the car.) Or just M+S all-weather? I also have a set of those.

·
Registered
2010 Mercedes Ml350 Bluetec
100 Posts
I bet you could run the larger size, but I would double check with a tape measure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts