Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 E55 & 07 SL55
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and turned up the volume a bit because i could barely hear any music, only to find out the entire left side speakers don't work. A few days ago, I turned on the car and when i clicked the volume up one click, a bunch of random noise came out of the left speakers. I turned off the stereo and powered it back on and it went back to normal, and today I find out the left channel is dead. This car is already driving me insane. haha Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

btw I have bose and comand if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2000-E320, 2012 Buick Enclave, 2004 Ford Ranger, 1973 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
194 Posts
Did you ever figure out the problem? I have been having the same issue in the last few days, but always all the speakers on the right side are out, turn off the car and restart and usually all start working. I too have the comand/Bose system.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
Any other problems with the audio? I have the same system w/ command. Things id check would be:

1. Amp(under rear seat/behind drivers)
2. Head Unit (Any glitches?)
3. Possible Wiring?
4. any work done that may have caused this failure?

Did you try manually checking speakers using the head unit?

·
Registered
02 E55 & 07 SL55
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for me it was just a glitch, that would go away if i restarted the car. It might be the amp if it happens more often. It's only happened to me once more since I created this thread... although it does seem like the left speakers aren't as loud as the right speakers, but it may be all in my head.

·
Registered
1997 E320 Kewtech (In Progress)
128 Posts
I would sya maybe the amp, check that out, loose wiring where the wires connect into the stereo?

·
Registered
W220, W210 x2, R170
203 Posts
I had a left front speaker issue that was caused by a bad connection at the cd changer / amp / voice control module. I installed a new component for the phone and the main plug didn't properly seat. It gave me an intermittent problem (speaker didn't always work).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts