Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s430 w220
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where can I jack the car other than underneath it on the side skirt , because one of my jack point on the back of the car is broken , where could I put the floor jack underneath the car so it doesn't break anything thanks .

·
2000 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, 2005 E320 CDI, 2006 S500 4Matic, and 2006 S350
7,333 Posts
In the rear, you can jack the car up by the differential. That's one traditional point. The other thing you can do is take a piece of 2"x2" (5cm x 5cm) sacrificial lumber, cut it so it's about 2" to 3" long, and use that as a temporary "jack point" in place of the broken one. Be sure when you do this that the place where that broken jack point was, is not all rusted out.

The really right thing to do, though, is to replace the broken jack point(s). They're something like $8 at FCPEuro or eBay. I use the Febi ones.

Reactions: Dave2302

·
Registered
2006 W220 S65 AMG (1985 W123 300D - Sold!)
557 Posts
I don't have a photo but there should be 5 rubber jack points; one at each corner of the vehicle by the wheels and under the rocker panels. There's also one right under the engine's cross member in the center. For the rear, I've jacked up using a small block of wood on the differential housing.

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
On my s65 we took off the engine jack point and i sort of lost it back when we were doing the engine mounts. But yeah there are 5 in total and not to expensive to replace. They are think puck with rubber on the outside.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have been looking all over, including the original owners manual, and I still have a question.
For a 2002 W220 S500 with Airmatic, if I want to replace brake pads, to jack up the car, do I need to turn off the Airmatic first?
Reason I ask is I once had a 1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC coupe that had an air suspension, and it was Very important to turn that system off with a switch located in the trunk, before jacking up the vehicle, otherwise the system would inflate the shock at the lifted wheel, until it would explode, and then you'd need to replace that shock. I'm thinking it's not necessary for jacking up a W220 but I want to be sure. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thanks Wally. I was sure there was a switch somewhere that needed to be turned off. Always something to learn! Yes indeed, I always use jack stands. Will be doing rear brakes soon and possibly fronts too, once I have a look. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thanks again Wally. I will make sure the key is hanging on the garage wall when I do the brakes job. Don't worry about the use of jack stands, I have a phobia about getting completely under a car, almost never do it, I even got a MightyVac for oil changes. I haven't seen a drain plug in years! But brakes I will do. There is a shop near me, that rents out lift space by the hour or day, when it comes time to renew the transmission plug I will go that route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.