Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoCal SLKs are organizing a SoCal to semi-NorCal drive. We expect and hope other models will join us.

We'll probably have 2 groups heading out from LA, a slow cruise early in the day, and a 'quick' run later in the day, to meet in Cambria.

Planning is still tentative at this point.

Here's what we've got planned so far (laid out by Bleen):
March 25-27, 2011 (Friday-Sunday)

March 25th:
Meet at Cambria on Friday around 3 or 4 pm (it's a 4 hr trip from Northern LA or SF, and we have people from San Diego which would make it a 6 hr drive).
Do an easy/laid back activity that day (not a lot of driving)... Hearst Castle? Have to check tour times. If not, we can go see the sea lions, or just check into the hotel and have a welcome dinner.

March 26th:
Suggested drive out of my ignorance of the area. I've visited Julia Pffeiffer Burns park and it has amazing sights, we could have lunch in Big Sur. On the way back we could go into the mountains (this is the part I've never done before), and around back to Cambria. This is an almost 6 hr drive without stops, which would make it a whole day event.

March 27th:
Free day. We could have a goodbye breakfast, and whoever wants to hang out can do so, I suggest doing ATVs in Pismo Beach, or Hearst Castle if that didn't work out on Friday. :)

1.) Edward - cyberdrakon - SLK 55
2.) Aaron - noober - SLK 350
3.) Steve & wife Ginger - Stinger - SLK 300
4.) Durk & Marcelle - Durkatlon - SLK 350
5.) Eddy & Alicia - etyu - SLK 55
6.) Bill & Cha - Santamonica SLK32 - SLK31.97*
7.) Pablo - Bleen - SLK 350

·
Registered
see my signature.
909 Posts
Oh, well then I am in for sure!

Need to decide which MB to take!

Is there anyone coming from Northern CA that would like to caravan?

·
Registered
2008 C350
16 Posts
What hotel are you guys planning on?

And for the fast group, is it fast by virtue of really powerful vehicles only or fast by virtue of driver skill? I've only got a C350 but I can hold my own in the hills.

·
Registered
2006 SLK350
24 Posts

And for the fast group, is it fast by virtue of really powerful vehicles only or fast by virtue of driver skill? I've only got a C350 but I can hold my own in the hills.
You'll be fine. "Fast" group is probably Cyberdrakon after getting tired of driving in the middle of the pack, and suddenly flooring it. :D

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Sport 5-Speed Manual, Silver, Subtle Red on Black Interior
116 Posts
Pelican Cove Inn Discount Available Through Jan 25th

The hotel that early-bird participants have been booking is the Pelican Cove Inn in Cambria, web site pelicansuites dot com, using discount code WINTER for rates of $119 / $159 per night depending on location/view. The discount is only available through Tuesday Jan 25th for booking the March 25th and 26th nights, so grab the discount while you can, it represents $100 to $120 off the normal rates. On their web site, view the rooms page, then choose book now, then you can put in the dates and compare the normal rates with the discount rates by entering code WINTER, all prior to entering any personal info.

Here is the latest roll-call of participants:

ROLL CALL (Please copy, paste, and add your info to a new reply):
Friday, March 25th - Sunday March 27th (2 Nights) in Cambria, CA

1.) Edward - cyberdrakon - SLK 55 - at -----
2.) Aaron - noober - SLK 350 - at Pelican Cove Inn
3.) Steve & wife Ginger - Stinger - SLK 300 - at Pelican Cove Inn
4. ) Durk and Marcele - Durkatlon - SLK 350 - at -----
5.) Eddy & Alicia - etyu - SLK 55 - at Pelican Cove Inn
6.) Bill - Santamonica SLK32 - at -----
7.) Pablo - Bleen - SLK 350 - at -----
8.) Paul - mbpaul - SLK230 - at Pelican Cove Inn
9.) Peter & Jan - PWSLK - SLK350 - at Pelican Cove Inn