Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Pano SL500
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though the alignment was within MB specs it would pull right ..... I accepted it and drove on .... after new tires it was better but still pulled slightly ..... after a while(2 years) I started getting really tired of the pull and went back to the MIDAS shop to have it looked at ..... they suspected the front right wheel was causing the pull and changed it with the left front wheel ..... now its driving straight! :thumbsup:

With 86k on the clock I was suspecting many suspension parts to replace but they said it all checked out fine and there was no unnusual wear on the tires. Though I'd searched the internet I hadn't heard of this as a cause of alignment pull .....

Hopefully it'll help another before replacing a lot of unneeded suspension parts:cool:

Cheers
Fast960

·
Registered
several
23 Posts
It sounds like you had radial tire pull. Usually when a tech does an alignment and the vehicle has a pull afterward they would switch the tires to get rid of the problem. It is kind of strange that a new set of tires would have the same problem.When ever you get an alignment always ask for the printout and if it still pulls give it back and ask them to fix it right . They should of cross rotated the front tires and then informed you of the problem.

·
Registered
1998 Pano SL500
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you had radial tire pull. Usually when a tech does an alignment and the vehicle has a pull afterward they would switch the tires to get rid of the problem. It is kind of strange that a new set of tires would have the same problem.When ever you get an alignment always ask for the printout and if it still pulls give it back and ask them to fix it right . They should of cross rotated the front tires and then informed you of the problem.
Yes thank-you - The car's previous tires were mismatched and I believe that was causing a pull ..... with the new tires it was better but not completely straight .... It was a learning experience for me and now I'm just glad to be going straight :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts