Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Alert: SLK350 Comparo on Car & Driver TV Sunday

702 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  16falcon 
#1 ·
Saw it today (Saturday) at noon.

Look for it again Sunday around noon ((check schedule) on Car & Driver Television (first segment of Power Block), on the Spike Channel.

#2 ·
I saw it too. Not very neagative but they said the other cars were just much nicer. It seems most reviewers always fail to mention the vario roof. If this is your daily driver the vario roof is essential. If you only drive it a few times a year when the weathers perfect it probably doesn't matter as much. I can't imagine driving a softtop in the weather we are having right now in the bay area.

#3 ·
Yes, here's another daily driver who regards the hardtop/convertible feature as more important than performing on a racetrack.

The comparo in Road & Track magazine mixed convertibles with fixed roof cars, an unfair advantage to the tintops.

But it's interesting to see what happens when the testers drive the cars at the maximum limits.

#4 ·
They did say it was the bargain of the bunch. It really depends on what you want. For me, I want the free car washes, the metal roof, the service loaners, the more polished look and resale value. The problem with the 'vette, and I've owned one so I know, is that you take it into a dealer and compete for mechanics attention with Malibus, Cavaliers and many, many SUV's and trucks. I've dropped my 'vette off for days at a time to get minor stuff fixed. The Porche is a nice car but not for me, I like to open the hood and see an engine.

#5 ·
cmorosco - 2/19/2005 6:31 PM

It seems most reviewers always fail to mention the vario roof. If this is your daily driver the vario roof is essential.
I just watched it. I can't believe that they didn't even mention it once! They showed the boxter's top operating but not the SLK's hard top. Never even said it had a hard top. Since for a lot of people the top is the clincher it is a shame they don't do the car's total package justice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.