Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TWO - 84 300DT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 19 years of suppressed acceleration on y 84 300D Turbo, I now have a pretty peppy born again Diesel. Happy! Happy! Happy!

I’ve set the ALDA adjusting screw 1 full turn (360*) ccw (after mutilating the tin cover), disabled the EGR and WOW!

I welcome the sacrifice of diesel consumption, if any, for the performance! I was so happy that I took my son out for a late evening drive (he should have been in bed!) and gave the car a good Italian tune up (to 150kph @ 4,000 rpm) purrrrrrrrr!.

[:D]

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
how many turns would be too many?

I recently did the same thing that 84W123DT mentioned in the post above. There was a definite improvement in acceleration off the line. Now I just have to see if there is an increase in fuel economy.
One question though, how many turns would be too many? If one turn CCW made an improvement, I wonder what a couple more turns would do?

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
do you have any further info on where and what this thing is? not that i dilike being pa...

do you have any further info on where and what this thing is? not that i dilike being passed by every old woman in a minivan on those cold morning, but you know... ;>

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
ah i got it, just the alda so far (had to loosen the nut surrounding the adjustment scre...

ah i got it, just the alda so far (had to loosen the nut surrounding the adjustment screw heh..muuuch easier when its loosened)

for the EGR, what did you use to plug it?

·
Registered
1987 300D Turbo
189 Posts
Does this stuff apply to the 83 model? I would like to get some boost in it. [:)]...

Does this stuff apply to the 83 model? I would like to get some boost in it. [:)]

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
yes, it should for any mb diesel with those parts (alda/egr) i believe...

yes, it should for any mb diesel with those parts (alda/egr) i believe

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Re-he-heally....

Ok. Where exactly is the ALDA. I'd like more power off the line in my 83SD and that sounds like the trick. Just tell me where the little bugger is hiding.
Question#2: Would this also be possible on a non-turbo? My 80TD could also use a little power (even though it's the fastest diesel off the line I've driven. It will stomp the SD light to light all day). Let me know. Both cars get such good milage that a few mpg's wouldn't be missed if it even makes a difference. Thanks guys!
-M-

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: yes, it should for any mb diesel with those parts (alda/egr) i believe...

yes, it should for any mb diesel with those parts (alda/egr) i believe
Every MB except the OM606 engine and up had this. Those had ECU's governing the mix.

The ALDA is located right in front of the oil filter housing. It is that square instrument with the cap on top.

·
Registered
TWO - 84 300DT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jzaroh,

Your coolant is green in color. I recommend that you change it to MB coolant, pronto!

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
does it work/is it possible on a NON-turbo engine?
or does only the 300turbo has an alda?

matteus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.