Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Unimog 30, 1999 E320, 2004 E320
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of how the injector is plumbed into the air system? The SEE I have at my place doesn't have one and according to the manual it should.

The manuals show that it should be located right beside the dump valve but if you look at the attached picture there is just a piece of pipe instead, or at least that is where I think it should be located.

If anyone happens to have an injector that they are not using please send me a PM and let me know what your asking price is, I might be interested.

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have reviewed the SEE manuals but there is not a lot of detail in there when it comes to the injector.

Jason

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Jason,

The SEE tractors I have seen with the alcohol injecton on the air system had the unit mounted where the pipe is on your pic between the air supply line and the pressure regulator. The ones I have seen weren't mounted on a bracket, so I guess it was an afterthought.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
What is the purpose of the alcohol injection, cold weather starting?
When you decompress air, it gets colder, a lot colder. If you're doing this in cold air, imagine how cold the air coming out gets. The purpose of the alcohol injection is to keep the water in the compressed air from freezing after it decompresses and also to free any frozen water in the lines.

It's just like lock deicer.

Typically you only need alcohol injection in freezing weather.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ben.

Would of been nice to have the injector on Monday when the air system froze up and I was left doing a 1 wheel peel in the backyard. I got the four wheel drive working yesterday so that I could climb the slight rise to the driveway but the diff locks are still not working so I won't be pushing much snow.

Guess I'll need to do some manual alcohol injection to get everything working again.

Jason

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,417 Posts
My injector assembly on the 416 is right before the regulator (I think) - pretty much the first thing the air sees after leaving the compressor.

Putting one in that position on a 419 would be 'correct', I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts