Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery was low/dead so I hooked up my motorcycle battery tender to get some charge in the battery...in about 5 seconds the alarm started going off and I ignored it and then it stopped.

Now...the charger is not showing the battery taking a charge and the key will not turn in the ignition.

Did I engage some disable the car feature?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
You give little history here, how old is the battery?

·
Registered
2003 S430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OLD.... :)

I was thinking about just heading up to AutoZone and buying a battery, but at $180...thought I'd see if I just screwed something up electonically by letting the alarm go off.

Thanks!!

·
52,804 Posts
OLD.... :)

I was thinking about just heading up to AutoZone and buying a battery, but at $180...thought I'd see if I just screwed something up electonically by letting the alarm go off.

Thanks!!
With a completely dead battery situation, adding charge often sets the alarm off, just change the battery and see how it goes. There will be a lot of 'low voltage' codes set on all the computers now and you will need to use diagnostic equipment to clear these codes once the battery has been changed or other faults will plague your car.

·
Registered
2003 S430
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replaced battery...all things are good now...EXCEPT...I have a warning that says Pre-Safe Mode not activated.

How do I reset that one!! LOL

Thanks

·
52,804 Posts
replaced battery...all things are good now...EXCEPT...I have a warning that says Pre-Safe Mode not activated.

How do I reset that one!! LOL

Thanks
Just drive the car as you normally do for a few days and the pre safe warning will go away. Remember to reset the windows and sunroof.

·
Registered
2004 S430
75 Posts
I believe that you can also reset the pre safe feature but turning the steering wheel all the way right till it locks and then all the way left till it locks with the car running but in park. It could also be left first then right but you get the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts