Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SLK Roadster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alarm goes off with no apprent reason,,,break-in, jacking etc. Sometimes it is days between events other times half hour to hour. Some one told me that a low battery could case this. I was at drive-in movies and had radio on for 3 or 4 hours w/o running car, but this hasn't happened before.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
Have the battery checked first. Also do a search on PSE pumps this causes alot of problems with the alarm and door locks.

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
595 Posts
My alarm goes off with no apprent reason,,,break-in, jacking etc. Sometimes it is days between events other times half hour to hour. Some one told me that a low battery could case this. I was at drive-in movies and had radio on for 3 or 4 hours w/o running car, but this hasn't happened before.

Any ideas?
Same thing happened to me...the dealer replaced the powerpack for the alarm and it was all fixed. Thankfully, it was under warranty!!

·
Registered
2000 Facelift SLK 230
15 Posts
My intermittent alarm problem was caused by the door contact switch.

It must have been right on the borderline of being on/off. I stuck a small self-adhesive pad on the end of the protruding prongs, so that they get pushed in a bit further when the door is closed. Haven't had any problems since.

Shame I bought a new PSE unit at huge expense before checking the door contacts - should have taken more notice of Bazzle's comments!

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Sorry to hear that m8, Have a look in the stickys, Tells you how you may be able to fix it !!

·
Registered
2012 E350 4matic wagon 2013 SL550
61 Posts
alarm issues

Same thing happened to me...the dealer replaced the powerpack for the alarm and it was all fixed. Thankfully, it was under warranty!!
Is there a seperate or backup power supply for the alarm system I am having similar problems. Thks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts