Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alarm on my 2004 CLK 320 has developed a mind of its own! It sometimes goes off when I open the car with the remote - and has now started to go off when I am actually driving (most embarassing in town!). It sounds for about 30 seconds and then stops. Nothing becomes immobilized. It appears to be completely random. Any ideas???

·
Registered
215 Posts
My guess is one of the sensors located on either door or the trunk is malfunctioning. these sensors arm the alarm once the doors are locked. It could also be a relay problem... has you alarm gone off while your car has been parked for no reason at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply - I took into the dealer a couple of days ago. It seems to be cured, but I'm still wary!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It used to go off when the car was parked, seems that the dealer has cured it. They said it was an 'electrical' problem (fairly obvious comment!).

·
Registered
1 Posts
As everyone else it happened to my CLK as well. But I found out why. There is a battery inside the siren that went flat. As soon as I had replaced that, the larm functioned again. The car dealers did not know this!!!! If you can´t find it with the computer it doesn´t excist to them.

·
Registered
2004 CLK320 Convertible
4 Posts
The alarm on my 2004 CLK 320 convertible starting doing this a month or so ago. It would randomly go off and there was no way at all, short of pulling out every fuse, to make it stop. I ignored for weeks until on Friday night it went off uncontrollably for about 30 min. I took the car into a mechanic today and they are replacing the siren for $371 parts and labor. The dealer wanted $850 for the same job. I read elsewhere that you can disconnect yourself with a little work, but the mechanic advised this will cause other minor systems not to function properly. I've heard from multiple sources the battery in the siren itself cannot be replaced and instead the entire siren must be replaced instead.

I highly advise not waiting on this one and taking your car in ASAP as you do not want to find yourself in a situation in the middle of the night yelling like a crazy person at your car to be quiet!

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,370 Posts
Jason - it's not the end of the world if your ATA siren NEVER works! :)

I have to say that I had owned my 2004 CLK a while before I knew that one was even fitted. Then I figured out that the first owner either disconnected it, or allowed the integrated battery to die. Whatever the reason, for the past 6 years I have never found the time to investigate, as it means removing the front fender inner liner to get access. I'm happy to never get that problem in the night!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts