Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble locating the alarm/siren for a 2005 C320. I have searched behind both the passenger/driver wheel wells. But couldn't locate the darn thing. Any info is greatly appreciated. Has anyone changed theirs? pics?

thanks

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
I wouldn't change mine... there was a CLK that was being towed for parking in a no parking zone in SF and I could hear the alarm on it 2 blocks away...

Why would you change it? I think the irritating shrill siren is perfect... people can't just ignore it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to fix it..

Actually my siren does not go off.. That's why I'm trying to find where it is located and what it looks like. Not sure if it may be disconnected, I just recently bought the car and found out that it wasn't working. Thanks

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Oh, I get it... change as in replace... god I am off today... makes total sense now. Sorry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi , how did you test to know that the siren is not working?
lock the car with the remote then open the door with the metal pull out key.

cj

·
Registered
2002 C320; 17" AMG 5-split-spoke wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
111 Posts
Is that how it's supposed to work? I used the pullout key when I would play ball or go running and lock the keyfob in the car in my '01 C240, then use the pullout key b/c it was so small I couldn't even feel it in my pocket. Then my '02 C320 alarm goes off and everybody thinks I'm jacking somebody's benz at the courts...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup, tested by leaving window open, locking car and then opening the door, also by using the panic button.. result: the lights flash on and off.. so I'm fairly sure the alarm system is working, but the siren fails to go off.. Now I read in the forums the siren is separate from the car's horn (which by the way car's horn does work when tapped) I must have the darn thing broken or such, that's why I wonder if anyone knows the exact location of it, pics would help and are thanked if any!

·
Registered
150 Posts
How many miles are on your car? It's a 2005, if the miles arn't high it should still be in warranty...?

·
Registered
2002 C32O
4 Posts
2002 C32O ALARM SIREN LOCATION [SOLVED]

THIS IS THE LOCATION OF THE ALARM SIREN FOR THE C320 2002 AND MAYBE UNDER MODELS
IT IS UNDER THE MUDFLAP NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR
PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL HOUSING TOWARD THE BOTTOM BACK END OF THE CAR

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts