Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can anyone help, I have a 1995 sl320 when I activate/deactivate the alarm both the green & red lights on the rear view mirror & the door handle flash at the same time.
The car still locks after several atempts, now the alarm goes off for no apparent reason.
I would appreciate any help, the thought of going to MB and bending over is too much too much to bare

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: whats the history? have you had this car for long?

HI Carlos,

Thanks for responding, the car is a 1995 sl320 I've owned it for 3 years without any problems until now.
The alarm is a factory fitted alarm which was working fine.

I've change the battery's in the remote key which has eliminated the problem with the flashing of both the green & red lights at the same time, but the alarm still goes off when I activate the alarm, sometimes it goes off straight away sometimes after half an hour. I've removed all hanging object in the car with no luck.

One more thing I can't lock the car with the key, I put the key in the drivers door turn the key a quarter turn witch is all it does then it springs back but does not lock, is this the same with all sl's, the boot (trunk) can be locked with the key.... I know strange.

Many Thanks

Chris

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,234 Posts
Chris, if you follow the thread that Carlos mentions, you will find a procedure for reading codes. Since your car is newer than the one in the thread, the connector and the socket assignments are a little different. For yours the diagnostic socket is #23, battery voltage is #3, and chassis ground is #1. I have attached a picture of X11/4 on your car. Refer to the general procedure mentioned and report your findings. The code(s) you retrieve will probably tell you precisely why the alarm is going off.

Regarding the door, you probably need a new lock mechanism. A small nylon piece commonly breaks within it. It is not very difficult to replace and should cost less than $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information I'll try & do the diagnostic test on Sat.
I'll let you know how I get on

Once again thank bob & Carlos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts