Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ok, my guess is that one of the sensors/switches integrated in the doors and trunk locks that control the alarm has gone bad, therefore, if you lock your car, the switch will arm the alarm, but then it may be loosing contact letting the alarm go off. The driver's door is the most commont to go bad first since it is used the most.

Hope this helps.

YAHOO - juancpath

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naw not that, i took it to the dealer (phillips mercedes) and my starmark covers it, think god for that!!! should be picking her azz up today...tks for the help...q

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep/some how something was burned out, and the starmark did cover it. i'll have to dig thru some papers to find out exectly what they did/q

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is what it was;

one of the sensors/switches integrated in the doors and trunk locks that control the alarm has gone bad, therefore, if you lock your car, the switch will arm the alarm, but then it may be loosing contact letting the alarm go off. The driver's door is the most commont to go bad first since it is used the most.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. I guess that means I cannot fix the problem myself and I should take it to the dealer $$$$$$. I wonder if individual alarm installers could fix the problem. Should I trust them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is starmark and how can I find out if I have it or not? I just bought my car a month ago from private party. It is 1999 CLK 320.
I don’t think my problem has anything to do with sensors. The reason is that I do not hear the alarm and only lights start to blink for 2 and half min. If the problem were the sensors I would imagine that the alarm would make sound also.

·
Registered
CLK320 Con, S320L
402 Posts
bobbyz - 9/13/2005 9:21 PM

What is starmark and how can I find out if I have it or not?
Starmark is a certified preowned Mercedes things that dealers say. The MB dealers sell used cars and claim they are covered by starmark in terms of a certified inspection and a few hundred or thousand miles of warranty for a short period of time.

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kinda glad i got that shit, my alarm want out, and the dash board lights was acting up, starmark covered it (not the lights) them shits cost me 69.00 billz, but it's ok now. i paid 980.00 for the starmark warrany and i have it for 2 yrs, or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
CLK320 Con, S320L
402 Posts
That 980 warranty is well worth it. I am at 54,000 miles now. I paid 3500 for my clk for another 5 years, up to 100,000 miles with $100 deductible. Mine is expensive but compared to what might break down in a long run, it's probably worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts