Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Vito Sport 204 (120CDI W639-OM642)
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
The alarm/central locking on our 1999 Vclass (T reg) stopped beeping a few days ago when you close the key fob but the emegency flashers still flashed. However tonight when we unlocked the car with the key fob and then switched the ignition on, the emergency flashers kept on going as if the alarm was going off but with no noise. We put the red anti-alarm gizmo in the slot but it made no difference; we tried putting the gizmo in both ways. The car starts and drives fine except the emergency flashers go all the time except for short breaks. How should the gizmo work we have no instructions.
Any clues to where to start fixing this? I am an experienced electrician but not much on cars.
Thanks

·
Registered
Vito Sport 204 (120CDI W639-OM642)
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally we got the gizmo to stop the hazards flashing. Now all seems fine except the alarm does not work any more. Thinking that I would check the fuses, I found that the entire row of fuses, as noted in the manual for alarm etc, are "missing". That is, they are not where the manual says they are in the passenger footwell. Where can I find them?
Our V230 has a UK-specific alarm fitted, by the dealer when new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts