Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210)
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to disconnect the alarm module, as it tends to set off the alarm when unlocking either front door with the key. The large black box on the left says 'becker radio', the large silver box in the center says 'Bosch' as does the smaller one on the right.

I disconnected the large one and the alarm will still set off... can someone tell me what each of these do, including any other items that you may be familiar with in this picture, such as the green wire on the bottom-left and the small black box in the upper-center?

Here is a link to a picture of the passenger footwell:

1987 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Passenger Footwell

Thanks for any help in figuring out what's-what...

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
far left, just above the O2 sensor connection. Disconnect both plugs.

The wires in the bottom left are 02, upper middle is idle speed relay.

red connection is SRS module

The other silver relays are klima bits if I remember correctly..

Jonathan

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210)
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
far left, just above the O2 sensor connection. Disconnect both plugs.

The wires in the bottom left are 02, upper middle is idle speed relay.

red connection is SRS module

The other silver relays are klima bits if I remember correctly..

Jonathan
jhodg5ck;

Since I don't want to disconnect anything I'm not supposed to, other than the alarm module, I think you're saying to disconnect the large, black box (module) that has a becker radio sticker on it? Far middle left of picture, with two plugs and a black plastic tie? The 'becker radio' sticker makes it a little confusing...

Thank you,

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
yup that's the one..far left, both plugs.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210)
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a special 'thanks' to jhodg5ck, I was able to disable the alarm module today. Now, is it possible to test this alarm module to see if it's faulty, or do I have to replace it and hope that's the problem?

The other possibility is the door key switch, but since both drivers and passenger doors can set off the alarm after unlocking them, I feel that there has to be a common denominator. The drivers door lock over the years takes the most punishment from locking and unlocking, so it would seem to me that it isn't likely that both door key switches have failed... what's the best way to isolate the problem?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1989 300CE Blue-Black (M103-C124), 1993 500 SEL (M119-V140), 1985 500 SEC (M117-C126)
85 Posts
Hi.
If its anything like the w124, its in the kickpanel of the passanger side footwell.
Remove the carpet, there will be a plastic pannel (Kick pannel).
remove this and you will see the alarm module.
Hope this helps as i have no photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts