Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a big issue I hope everyone can help.
I have a 97 e320 working fine till one day my alarm key stopped working, even the key hole on passenger side cannot lock or unlock car. ONLY place I can lock car is using keyhole in the trunk. I've tried complete reset (unplug battery and press brake then reconnect battery) with the reset the alarm works for a couple times then does the same thing. I've also checked all th fuses to no avail. What else can I check? Where is the vacuum motor on the car?

thanks

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
leetec...

you tried an overall reset, but did you try to re-synch the key to the system?

From page 119 in your owner's manual:

"To synchronize system, aim transmitter eye at a received [the rear view mirror] briefly press transmit button twice. Within approx. 30 seconds insert key in steering lock and turn it to position 2.

The remote control should once again be operational."

If the above fails to do the trick, the vacuum control unit is located under the rear seat, driver's side, as I recall...

Good luck.

JR

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
Has the door cylinder worked in the recent past?

Mine was inop when I got my car. A small pin had dislodged. This pin secures the linkage between the cylinder and the lock mechanism. I replaced it with a small cotter pin.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update my alarm works again. I guess it needed a re syncing. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
Have you addressed the door cylinder? You should fix that, since if the battery is dead it will be the easiest way to get into the car.

The cylinder comes out very easily. There is a bolt that is hidden behind the weatherstripping. The door panel does not come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts