Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While having Service-A completed yesterday I asked if they could make my alarm chirp. This was the first my service advisor heard of the option. I handed him a copy of the steps previously posted on this board and asked if it could be done.<br> <br> The change was made...and it does sound cool. However, because the change wasn't a defect or a recall I was charged $48 for the labor.<br> <br> Was the change worth $48....Not sure, I haven't had enough time to play with the new feature.<br> <br> -S<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Which dealer did you make the alarm chirp ?<br> Beacause my dealer said that they can't do that even if I have already hand the procedure.<br> Does the chirp sound like the one in BMW ?<br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Willy,<br> <br> Not sure what the BMW chirp sounds like, but the C-Class chirp sounds very similar to the tone heard inside the car when you turn on the ignition without your seat belt fastened. <br> <br> The alarm chirps when the blinkers flash. 3 chirps for lock, 1 chirp to unlock.<br> <br> The dealer that performed the service was 'Maplewood Imports' in Maplewood, Minnesota.<br> <br> -Sirus<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O thanks Sirius, does the changing of making the chirp sound affect another program in your c class ?<br> I mean, does it has any negative effect to another program ?<br> thanks again<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Sirus, I had mine done the other week. I've put it to Norway, it chirps very cool, have you tried the Panic button, that gets disabled when you change from US. I had it put back because the chirping disables the alarm itself.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris - Alarm disable

Chris,<br> I didn't know the chirp feature disables the panic alarm. Hmmmm...overall alarm still works, right?<br> <br> -S

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ehh, is there supposed to be a tone inside the car if you turn on your ignition without fastening the seat belt? I have never heard anything anyway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Chris - Alarm disable

Once u put it on the chirp, it will disable the alarm, so the alarm won't work anymore, unless you put it back on US standard.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Chris - Alarm disable

Chris,<br> Wanted to clarify my alarm does work with the chirp feature turned on. <br> <br> However, your right about the panic alarm, it doesn't work with the chirp feature.<br> <br> -S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts