Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I am a woman but I am also a short woman. 5'2" short. Being short, the air from the airscarf does not hit me in the back of the neck but in the back of the head (actually between the middle and the top of the back of my head) so my hair stays very toasty. Any ideas other than my getting a booster chair?

·
Registered
MBs, BMWs & Hondas
63 Posts
malibuite - 2/26/2005 4:48 PM

As many of you know I am a woman but I am also a short woman. 5'2" short. Being short, the air from the airscarf does not hit me in the back of the neck but in the back of the head (actually between the middle and the top of the back of my head) so my hair stays very toasty. Any ideas other than my getting a booster chair?
This is kinda unusual as both my wife and mother had sat in the passenger seat and none had complaint that the airscarf made their hair toasty. Yup, my mother is also 5'2" and my wife is slightly taller.

In any case, this may sound too simple ... maybe just add a cushion on your seat bottom, to prop you up by a few inches so that the airscarf can be of some use.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Are you sure the headrest is pulled all the way down?

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shinigami - 2/26/2005 2:36 AM

Are you sure the headrest is pulled all the way down?
Yes, the headrest is all the way down. I really don't want to have to sit on anything as mentioned in previous post so may just have to live with it.

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
It is unfortunate that we can't direct the flow from the Airscarf up or down. Whenever my wife is in the car, she does not have it on for the same reason i.e. her hair/head NOT her neck get mighty toasty. She is also 5'2. I love it though; it works well for me since I am 5'9. Malibuite you might have to settle for a booster chair of some sort. Good luck.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
How about a brimmed hat where the back is angled upward to let the airflow direct down toward your neck...[?][?][?]

Just a thought...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
A test drive before might have solved this dilema, or at least alerted the people under 5"3'.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motzkoman - 2/27/2005 10:03 PM

How about a brimmed hat where the back is angled upward to let the airflow direct down toward your neck...[?][?][?]

Just a thought...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
I do have a hat I purchased in Australia that you can fasten one or both sides up so maybe it would divert the air to my neck.

No, I would never wear a hat in a convertible. The reason I have a convertible is to feel the wind in my hair. I have never understood people who have convertibles and then wear hats and drive with the windows up. Might as well just buy a sedan with a sunroof[8D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Hi Malibuite,
quote:-
No, I would never wear a hat in a convertible. The reason I have a convertible is to feel the wind in my hair. I have never understood people who have convertibles and then wear hats and drive with the windows up. Might as well just buy a sedan with a sunroof

I agree - one of my only gripes about my 350SLK is that the windows remain up when you lower the roof - I know it then only takes 2 taps on the roof control to lower them, but one didn't have to do this on the R170 - perhaps where they saved the time in the 'roof lowering' figures.

Still, if this is all I've got to winge about, it makes it a mighty fine set of wheels.[^][^]

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
I have never understood people who have convertibles and then wear hats and drive with the windows up.
Ah, invincible youth! The reason for the hats is skin damage from the sun. All the reports you've heard about skin cancer are true.

Please use a wide-brimmed hat and a lot of sunscreen while driving with the top down and save the hatless times for early mornings, late afternoons and evenings. Trust me -- when you are approaching 60 as I am, you be glad you did, although your dermatologist will be disappointed.

·
Registered
SLK350
154 Posts
Malibuite, how about trying to insert an extra horizontal fin in the slots of the airscarf angled downwards, forcing the air to move that way?
Is it clear enough what I'm suggesting?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
slk55er - 2/28/2005 11:21 AM

I have never understood people who have convertibles and then wear hats and drive with the windows up.
Ah, invincible youth! The reason for the hats is skin damage from the sun. All the reports you've heard about skin cancer are true....
I wear a cap sometimes to keep the sun out of my eyes (especially this time of year with the low angles). Sun (ultraviolet) will also damage your eyes as will as the semi blinding glare that can happen when you make a turn into the sun.

I also keep a small bottle of sunscreen in my console.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Julien - 2/28/2005 8:30 AM

slk55er - 2/28/2005 11:21 AM

Ah, invincible youth! The reason for the hats is skin damage from the sun. All the reports you've heard about skin cancer are true....
I wear a cap sometimes to keep the sun out of my eyes (especially this time of year with the low angles). Sun (ultraviolet) will also damage your eyes as will as the semi blinding glare that can happen when you make a turn into the sun.

I also keep a small bottle of sunscreen in my console.
Well aware of sun damage since I have been a sun worshipper most of my life. Still no hats for me but I do use sunscreen when I think about it. However, I always wear sunglasses, even on cloudy days. I spare no expense for good sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection....usually a pair of Maui Jims'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts