Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,637 Posts
^^ That has not been my experience. My S600 TT with coil-overs rides and handles very well, indeed. :)

That said, I agree with you 100% about SDS. That's really the only way to properly diagnose this. As for AlphaZT's screenshots, I'm getting "404 Not Found" errors. But from what Deplore says, there's some seriously non-standard wiring, which is probably the problem.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is a tipically problems to S-class.
I will change the airmatic suspension with normal suspension kit. I don't like this problems, is verry complicated and i don't find any service mechanic who know to solve the problems .
I verify the compressor, is fine, the electronic components is fine, the airmatic reservor is fine, i open this Screenshot to view if is comming air when the compressor is working, and not, is not comming air.
I don't now what can i do.

P.S : i verify today more about that Screenshot and i find from what is.
Is from this Screenshot and receive energy from the lights, so don't have releated with airmatic suspension functions .

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Can anyone to told me opinions about my problem ? I don't now what can i do next .

I verify the compressor it's ok, i verify the airmatic reservor, it's ok, i verify the valve pressure if is entering air from compresor and yes, and is go from the valve pressure for the spring strut and the car is not up .
I open the spring strut hose and is not comming the air .
So, what can i do next ? I don't have any leaks, i don't now what can i do. Is a verry strange situation, i verify all mechanical principal components and all it's ok and working.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,671 Posts
You do have a leak. If you removed the air line from the valve block and air is coming out, but when you remove the air line at the strut and nothing is coming out, then the line is broken.

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,555 Posts
The system releases compressed air to each of the four struts under computer control. If the computer thinks that the car is at the correct ride height (as measured by the ride-height sensors - one on each front upper control arm, and one on the rear suspension between the center of the anti-sway bar and the chassis), it does not release any air from the valve block to the struts. The computer does hold air in the struts until the computer thinks that the car is above the desired ride height. An example of this is the release of air when passengers get out of the car.

That means that if the car is at or very near the desired ride height, there is no air moving in the system. Air is released from the valve block to the struts only when the car is below the desired ride height.

The movement of air thru the valve block is controlled by electrically operated solenoid valves - if I remember correctly, one for each strut, one for the reservoir, and one to dump air from the struts back thru the compressor inlet hose and filter.

Spend some time reading here:

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,371 Posts
You probably have a leak somewhere.There is a video by MercedesSource.com dealing with this problem. It will cost you $15 to download but have watched it I think it's worthwhile.It illustrates everything very well. I have nothing to do with MercedesSource.

·
W220 Moderator
6,367 Posts
Also many many posts and threads on here, as well as excellent write ups in our Encyclopaedia.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, i read the encyclopedia and i don't find nothing .

So, if the car computer know the car is up but is not, how to reset ?

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,637 Posts
You need SDS to do proper troubleshooting of your AIRmatic issues. If you don't have one, then I suggest that you invest in one. It has helped me solve several AIRmatic issues over the last almost-four years, as well as many, many other things. Yes, you are looking at US $600 for a complete setup, and it's the best $600 I've spent as a Mercedes-Benz owner. Without SDS, you're just shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I come back with news .
I aleardy go to another service for SDS test, and i don't have any code error, no errors. All electric functions is OK.
I know, verry strange and stupid situation .
I repeat what i do, i verify the fuse/reley and is working, i verify the compressor, valve block, air reservor and all it's ok .
Today i open 1 hose from valve block to see if the air from compressor go and the valve block is not blocked. It's ok, the air is eject from valve to the air strut .
I open more the huse who enter in the strut and blow into it to view if is not blocked, is not, is ok.

So, the air from valve pressure block is going to the strut, but is not entering in the strut.

Have anyone any ideea? I don't now what can i do next, i really don't know .

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,555 Posts
Then the next possibility is that the air inlet on the strut is blocked. You can try removing the air line at the strut, then remove the fitting on top of the strut, and see if you can find any problem. There is a check-valve in the top of the strut that is supposed to hold some pressure in the strut even though the valve is open or the line is broken. That valve may have failed or gotten blocked.

If you want to spend a lot of effort to see what is going on, you could swap the rear struts. If the problem moves with the strut, then you will need to repair or replace the bad strut.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I solve the problem with improvisation.
I desactivate the valve block, compressor .

All it's ok now and the car is working fine, no leaks .

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,823 Posts
Is that a tire valve cap ? Can you pump up a strut with a tire inflation hose directly hooked there ?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts