Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have bought recently a mercedes benz S320 gasoline .
After 3 weeks, in the morning i go to the car and i see is to low, after start i receive the warning : Airmatic - stop car, to low !
I see only 1 parts is low right back . After 2 days, the right front is low too. The car can't up and i can't running .

I contact the service for diagnose today and told me is not electrical problems.
So what can i do now ? Is posible to give air with compressor ? If yes, where i can put air ? I can't go with the car in service.

·
Registered
2010 S500
57 Posts
You can read. You have a lot of that to do.

The encyclopaedia would be a good place to start (top of the forum).

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,509 Posts
We need to know the model year of your car, and where you are so we can make a more reasonable guess at a solution.

"I contact the service for diagnose today and told me is not electrical problems. "

Did they tell you this without seeing the car?

The Airmatic compressor is powered by Fuse 32 and a relay, both located in the right front SAM (Signal Acquisition Module), a black plastic box located under the hood (bonnet) near the corner of the windshield. (Left/right on a vehicle is ALWAYS from the viewpoint of the seated operator.) You open the box by sliding the latches as shown by the molded instructions on the box lid.

air suspension relay and fuse 32 on W220
mercedes c class wiper relay location

You might HAVE TO learn how to work on your car, or you may not be able to afford to keep it. Here Airmatic - W220 S-Class Encyclopedia is a start on the Airmatic suspension system.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info .

Did they tell you this without seeing the car?
No, they come at the car, put on test and told is not electrical problem, is something broken.

I test more today, so if a put the car key in contact and try to start i see the car is try to up, and if i take again to start, is again try to up and i i do this more than 15 time's, the car is up .
When i driving, i receive again after 40-50km the warning Stop car, is to low but is not low.

My opinion is problem with the compressor, when the engine in runing, the compressor is not working. When the car is stoped, the compressor in working if i put the key in start position.

Is posible to have this problem because the car have battery at 74Ah(but is new battery, have 2-3 weeks) and not 110Ah ?

I verify the fuse and it's ok.

The model of my car is w220 S320 long edition 1999

·
W220 Moderator
6,160 Posts
Hi,

My opinion is problem with the compressor,

Nope, you have a serious leak, and the Car is shutting down the Compressor to save it from burning out. By keep restarting you WILL burn the Compressor out, and then you will not only need a Strut, you will also need a Compressor ;)

HTH,

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm verry confused because i can't hear the compressor working. In the morning, the car is low, i unlock, nothing, if i start the engine, nothing. The compressor is not working.
i try to find where is broken or if is broken the pillows but i can't find nothing .
I don't now what can i do :(

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,509 Posts
There are several pneumatic options available for the front seats, such as inflatable lumbar cushions, inflatable side bolster cushions, etc. This is probably the connection for one of those options. My only suggestion is to use a mirror to search under the seat for a matching connector that the line will reach.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks verry much wallyp !
And is posible because this is broken do have problems with airmatic ? I don't now, this is the reason why i ask .

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,509 Posts
No, there is no connection at all between the Airmatic suspension system and the PSE (Pneumatic Service Equipment) that operates the seat inflation, the door and trunk locks and soft-closing, etc.

If you want to keep the car, and get it fully operational, you will HAVE TO LEARN how to maintain and repair it. If you spend as much time as possible reading on the Airmatic Encyclopedia website that I gave you earlier, and trying to understand how the Airmatic system works, you might have a chance. I do realize that since English is not your native language you will have struggles with learning this stuff, but that is the only chance that you have. It will be far too expensive to have a professional shop fix everything that can go wrong with a Mercedes.

If the person who "tested" the car really did test it with the Mercedes SDS (STAR Diagnostic System), he should have been able to tell you what was wrong with it.

Again, the system is powered thru the Airmatic relay, which is powered thru Fuse #32. If you can do the research necessary to locate the fuse and test it to see if you have battery power at and thru the fuse, and if so, how to then put a jumper across the 30 and 87 terminals in the relay socket, then you will start to know what it takes to get the compressor to run and to pump up the suspension struts.

There is not likely to be a "magic answer", that will tell you to go there and do this and all will be well.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right wallyP !

I contact the service for diagnose but in Romania (europe) all services is shit.
I contact today 1 friend who have s-class and he have compressor, valve units more components and i will go tomorrow to change some components .

I will come back with the result if i solve or not the situation .

Thanks for all your information and for your time !

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I verify today the compressor and valve pressure block and all it's ok.
I detect only 1 'problem', the compressor don't receive current, i don't now why .
Tomorrow i will go to the service again for test the airmatic computer and electric functions.
I will come back with news .

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,519 Posts
Fuse popped, or relay went bad.

Do not replace without finding out which strut is leaking, then replace it.

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I go again to the service and nothing, i think is stupid and don't have originaly programs for this car.
Because is not UP now, i put something like that Screenshot to have posibility drive car.
I contact the mercedes benz service and i will go at 2 weeks later.
I will come back with news .
Thanks for your all opinions,

·
Registered
S320 1999 Long
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Anyone to know what is this ? Screenshot i think this is improvisation not originally from mercedes but i don't know. Is in trunk located at CD shop.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,519 Posts
Who the hell wired that up? That's definitely not factory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, i have bought recently a mercedes benz S320 gasoline .
After 3 weeks, in the morning i go to the car and i see is to low, after start i receive the warning : Airmatic - stop car, to low !
I see only 1 parts is low right back . After 2 days, the right front is low too. The car can't up and i can't running .

I contact the service for diagnose today and told me is not electrical problems.
So what can i do now ? Is posible to give air with compressor ? If yes, where i can put air ? I can't go with the car in service.
I had same issue with my 00' S500..its most likely one or more air shocks/struts that need to be replaced.

·
W220 Moderator
6,160 Posts
So when you've guessed and replaced 4 Airmatic Shocks for at least £1400 and it still does the same thing what next ??

🙃

Oh, it might be this, it might be that .................

Just get SDS on the Car and Diagnose the darned thing properly (y)

HTH,

·
Registered
18 Posts
So when you've guessed and replaced 4 Airmatic Shocks for at least £1400 and it still does the same thing what next ??

🙃

Oh, it might be this, it might be that .................

Just get SDS on the Car and Diagnose the darned thing properly (y)

HTH,
Or just changout all airbag shocks for the springs for the same price and never have that issue again problem solved 👍👏

1 - 20 of 30 Posts