Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E420 & E320
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2 AIRMATIC buttons on the dash have small lights. The strut button has 2 lights and the raise car button has one. Look at picture 1 bellow and you can see the buttons I am reffering to.

On picture 2 we can admire these little lights shining red.

I do not have an owner's manual and I cannot seem to find the answer as I dig around in the net.

Can anyone tell me what do these lights mean?
and why do they come on?

Your time and input is very appreciated.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S500
58 Posts
The Strut button is used to firm up the ride (3 settings-off, firm and firmer). The other will raise the car higher (simular to off-road). Note sure if you are indicating your lights come on automatically. If so that's not normal. You can go to the MB site and register as an owner and download the manual for free. You can setup your location as Dominican Republic. I believe you will need your VIN to complete the owner's page. If the car is already setup you can call and have your name assigned to the car. Trust me you will need the manual and you must read it atleast twice. So much to learn. I found a new features months after the purchase. The A/C can open and close your windows/sun roof.

·
Registered
1997 E420 & E320
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Strut button is used to firm up the ride (3 settings-off, firm and firmer). The other will raise the car higher (simular to off-road). Note sure if you are indicating your lights come on automatically. If so that's not normal. You can go to the MB site and register as an owner and download the manual for free. You can setup your location as Dominican Republic. I believe you will need your VIN to complete the owner's page. If the car is already setup you can call and have your name assigned to the car. Trust me you will need the manual and you must read it atleast twice. So much to learn. I found a new features months after the purchase. The A/C can open and close your windows/sun roof.
Thank you Super, I appreciate your reply. There are no issues with my suspension. I was just curious as to the nature of these indicators. I have tried the MB site registration but it want the zip code where my car was originally purchased. I have not come around to calling the 1800 number and dealing with them. Per your suggestion, I shall do that soon.

thank you.

·
Premium Member
1. S320, Model 2000, clr chalcedony blue. 2. 730Li, model 2005, clr titanium silver
35 Posts
Next to automatic shift knob of my s320 there is a switch that shows w & s...something to do with suspension or transmission? kindly help me understand these driving modes.

·
Registered
S320
14 Posts
W - winter. Starts off in 2nd gear.
S- summer. Starts off in 1st gear.

What refers to the author's question:

There are soft damping program (no lights on), firm damping program I (sporty driving) (left light goes on), firm damping program II (very sporty driving) (both lights switches on).

I could send you a manual somehow, it weights approximately 20 mb.

·
Premium Member
1. S320, Model 2000, clr chalcedony blue. 2. 730Li, model 2005, clr titanium silver
35 Posts
Many thanks Tomzs. But kindly explain where are these lights to be seen...and have you got a spare manual with you. I don't have one with me.

·
Registered
S320
14 Posts
Well, I have a manual in .pdf file. Just text me your e-mail and I will send you a manual. I hope I can attach 20mb.
These lights what I am talking about can be seen on button which is located between ESP and Airmatic button.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Many thanks tomzs for your effort. I know 20 mb... . not possible by email. Will send you skype. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts