Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced passenger side shock car got back level but the malfunction light still on and the front rides stiff

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,910 Posts
There are several issues that can cause the level malfunction to be displayed. It would be best to have the car scanned by the Mercedes Xentry Diagnostics prior to putting more parts into it. Were you able to read/have read any of the error codes prior to replacement?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are several issues that can cause the level malfunction to be displayed. It would be best to have the car scanned by the Mercedes Xentry Diagnostics prior to putting more parts into it. Were you able to read/have read any of the error codes prior to replacement?
I was having the very same issue. I had a Mercedes diagnostic tool ran on my S550 and found that my front passenger damper valve on the front passenger shock wasn't opening causing my car to remain stuck in sport mode with a very stiff ride. Run that Mercedes diagnostic tool. On www.carid.com. They have very affordable Mercedes shocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I had it put on the machine and it also said that it was the dapering valve so I ordered another shock and someone suggested that it may be because it’s no reading correctly because when u replace with aftermarket shock it’s good to replace both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes Ideally you should replace both at the same time. My budget is tight and I could only do the defined bad one. When I get paid I will have the other one replaced. But when I replaced the one the problem went away.

Yes I had it put on the machine and it also said that it was the dapering valve so I ordered another shock and someone suggested that it may be because it’s no reading correctly because when u replace with aftermarket shock it’s good to replace both.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. That's what I bought on carid.com
I checked the plug again and the rubber seal around plug that suppose to keep water from getting in was the reason why it wasn’t going all the way in. So I took rubber off and the dappering plug and in went all the way in and clicked n problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I checked the plug again and the rubber seal around plug that suppose to keep water from getting in was the reason why it wasn’t going all the way in. So I took rubber off and the dappering plug and in went all the way in and clicked n problem solved.
Dayummmm
I wish I tried that. Could've saved myself $800.
Thank you for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts