Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W201, W124, W126, W140, W163, W168, W212.
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My W220 is 1" lower on the right side back, than the left side.
Both sides are lifting or lowering but the left side always lower the the right.

There are only one sensor on the back, located on the left side of the differensial. The sensor is ok.

Obviously the sensor wil only lift until correct height is reached, weather it gets more lifted on one side than the other it can not know.

What i wonder about is this: Does these to struts on the back get the same airpressure for a given height ? or are they calibrated with different pressures for a given height to give the correct height on both sides ?

Because if they are given the same pressures on both sides it would seem that something is wrong with my right struts indicating that for the same amount of pressure it can not move as freely as the left one.

Another way to put the question: Is it possible for a given ride height to calibrate the pressures independantly ?

Regards
Odd

·
Registered
W201, W124, W126, W140, W163, W168, W212.
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all

Talked with an S class technician today.
He said that its normal for these cars to have smaller differences on the back, but bigger differences is not normal he said.

He also said that the pressure can be set independantly for each side.
I assume if the struts has developed different resistances during usage the pressure calibration could be out.

So resetting the set-pressure in my struts i think my car will be fine.

Rgds
Odd

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
That is correct. All you need to do is reset the settings via Star Diagnostic!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts