Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, two weeks after posting a topic about a loud banging noise coming from the airmatic pump, the mercedes shop is now telling me that the wire that connects the pump to the rest of the wire on the car itself is burnt. Ok i was informed that he fixed the wiring problem but 30 minutes after driving off with the car the wire and pump went out again. Have anyone experienced this before. Im kind of thinking this guy is just screwing me around. He is also telling me that particular wire is not sold separately by MB. Does anyone have any ideas on such a problem? I have researched and just cant find anyone with this same issue. This is the 3rd time he's replaced the pump this year. Im thinking about suing him but would like to first see if anyone has experienced such a problem or have any suggestions.

·
Registered
E420 '94 240D '82 200E '91
72 Posts
Ok, two weeks after posting a topic about a loud banging noise coming from the airmatic pump, the mercedes shop is now telling me that the wire that connects the pump to the rest of the wire on the car itself is burnt. Ok i was informed that he fixed the wiring problem but 30 minutes after driving off with the car the wire and pump went out again. Have anyone experienced this before. Im kind of thinking this guy is just screwing me around. He is also telling me that particular wire is not sold separately by MB. Does anyone have any ideas on such a problem? I have researched and just cant find anyone with this same issue. This is the 3rd time he's replaced the pump this year. Im thinking about suing him but would like to first see if anyone has experienced such a problem or have any suggestions.
Did he replace the airmatic pump relay at the same time?????

The relay is to blame in 95% of cases when pumps fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts