Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Euro E270 cdi, 2004 W55 AMG
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First hi to all.

I'm new here. I have a 2000 s430 with 90k on it. and Airmatic problem.

There is a lot of threads about airmatic on this forum, but nothing what would help in my case. So here it is:
The car is on the ground. all four corners are down..
Took the compressor out, it works with external power source (battery chrger). Good pressure! Bought two brand new relays (for the compressor and airmatic system). All my fuses are fine, speccialy two 40A ones (compressor and airmatic system), but there is no power going to the compressor and there is no power on the fuses!! there is power only on the green wire which goes to the valve/solenoid on the pump. i've put the pump back in and plug the charger to it, let it work for a minute and nothing.Car didn't go up an inch. i started looseing air lines on the distribiution block... lots of air coming out from the compressor "hose", lil bit from the reservoir tank, nothing from the struts.
when i start the car it shows Airmatic stop car to low!when i press the switches nothing is happening.
Usually it's a compressor relay fuse or height sensor.
i have knowledge in repairing that kind of defects but this is something new to me and i honestly dont know what to do. it seems like i've checked everything and have no clue what's wrong.
Any ideas?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
First off you need to have the fault codes read out and cleared.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about it, but and i don't have star diagnosis, and before i decide to take the car to the dealership i want to ask for any tips. maybe there is some other relay or fuse i don't know about. maybe somebody went thru this and know the answer...

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
The W220 Encyclopedia sticky links cover this; it's not new. You may have a bad valve block, a leaky reservoir (or line to it), a major leak in an airmatic strut, or a broken line to a strut. You can try checking each for leaks - or better, follow eric's advice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waht a bad valve block have to do with no power on the fuses? will it shut down whole system maybe? and there is no hissing sounds, struts are tottaly fine. no leaks anywhere.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Check the wiring from N51 (Airmatic control unit) and the relay. To do this you will have to lift the fuse and relay block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts