Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently had the instrument cluster display a malfunction in the Airmatic and BAS systems.<br> The messages indicates for me to take the car to the workshop.<br> <br> I phoned the dealer, they told me to ignore it.<br> <br> is this a common problem? and is it a common solution to ignore it?<br> I just don't want them telling me to ignore it until the warranty runs out and then have them say there's a problem.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know nothing about this malfunction, but if my car did the same thing, I would bring it in and have it fixed. If there truly is nothing wrong, then they should have no problem resetting the warning message. Are you sure they told you to ignore it altogether, or just not worry about driving it until they can service it? Does it come on every time you drive? Are you supposed to live with this warning message until you sell the car and then its worth less? Will it just go away on its own? Sounds wacky!<br>
<br>
Randy<br>
'00 S500<br>
'94 E500

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TAKE IT IN NOW ... 2000S had a problem with suspension system .. there was a bulletin

Our car's front suspension failed (car was 1 inch off ground) and then 3 weeks later the rear. And if the warning ever says DO NOT DRIVE - don't even if the dealer says bring it in. Our problem was the car was so low the flat bed tow truck couldn't get underneath to lift the car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: TAKE IT IN NOW ... 2000S had a problem with suspension system .. there was a bulletin

any idea what the bulletin number was? or how i could obtain a copy?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this one.....

AIRMATIC: C1121, C1122, C1123, C1132, C1133, C1135, C1144, - water penetrates a level sensor plug 26/99-2 GROUP 32 - MODEL 220, AIRMATIC: If water penetrates a level sensor plug on the model 220 vehicles, a fault message ('Air suspension...contact workshop') from the air suspension system may appear on the instrument cluster display. In this case, some or all of the following faults will be stored in the DTC memory of the air suspension:-C1121, fault in component B24/3 (acceler. sensor)-C1122, fault in component B24/4 (acceler. sensor)-C1123, fault in component B24/6 (acceler. sensor)-C1132, fault in component B22/8 (level sensor)-C1133, fault in component B22/9 (level sensor)-C1135, fault in component B22/3 (level sensor)-C1144, fault in component B7 (pressure sensor)To determine the cause, disconnect and check the plug connection of each LEVEL SENSOR. When doing this, check whether all non-allocated cells of the electrical connector are provided with a blind plug. If this is not the case, install a blind plug and clean the plug connection. When reconnecting, there must be no moisture in the plug.Spare part number of blind plug:000 545 8780Damage code for warranty/goodwill claims:32547 47 level sensor, front axle32548 47 level sensor, rear axle 308 5/28/99

·
Registered
mb 2000s430
5 Posts
Re: TAKE IT IN NOW ... 2000S had a problem with suspension system .. there was a bulletin

Our car's front suspension failed (car was 1 inch off ground) and then 3 weeks later the rear. And if the warning ever says DO NOT DRIVE - don't even if the dealer says bring it in. Our problem was the car was so low the flat bed tow truck couldn't get underneath to lift the car.
hi, i see your message,,,i am currently going to court in May against Mercedes and my dealership,,my cars suspension has failed over 10 times,,sometimes the total suspension, somtimes the rear suspension,,i have had over $20,000 of parts, new computers, new sensors, new wiring, new valves, new electronic struts, and this car still does not work,,including more failures and wornings to not drive the car,,good luck ever getting any satisfaction, except to sue the pants off these guys,,its an embarrisment for such a company to have so many problems, and not be able to fix this car,,,im in California, and my car has been parked in my garage for over one year, waiting for Mercedes to go to court,,,they even switched law firms in order to delay more and more, and now they are trying to postpone the court date,,in order to fustrate me and delay their final judgement from the local superior court,,,its a damn shame

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,889 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Rather than re-opening a seven year old thread, it would be better to post your question as a new thread.

Also - I cannot tell from your question what you are asking. You might want to pose the question a bit more clearly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know this is a very old thread but i have a question to this airmatic problem, cant this be replaced with universal air suspension and all would be good??? i was doing a tad bit of research and came across this site
Adjustable Air Ride
is this the way around the problems??? i would love to try the VIP route, but i haven really find the true answer to the aftermarket way around this problem, moreso just going to the dealership to get back to stock specs

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,889 Posts
1. I still don't know what "problem" you are having. You leave us guessing, a game I choose not to play.

2. I don't know what you want to do with the link to resolve the unknown "problem."

3. There are posts concerning the airmatic suspension, problems, and some less expensive resolutions to them in the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the W220 forum. Have you read it? Perhaps it will help you to better state the problem.

4. There are discussions of entire replacements for the airmatic system with spring systems on the forum - an idea I find so repugnant I do not bookmark them.

5. You would probably get better answers if you fully set out your airmatic problem, or what it is you're trying to do with your suspension, in a separate post. But if you don't want to listen, it's your choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to have my w220 ride height to be like when the airmatic fails and the car sits on the wheel, I thought I specify I'm trying to go lower??? I want to do it without triggering the "car too low" light obviously

1 - 13 of 13 Posts