Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

It seems the A/C on my '99 ML320 is leaking water. It's hard to see the source of the leak but it seems to be coming from under the dash, behind the radio. It soaks the carpet, then runs down into the driver side and passenger side foot wells. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to inspect the condensation drains and clean them out? I'm assuming this is the problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Seems I've heard of this before, I believe a friend of mine had a similar problem, I believe he had a drain plug that was stopped up, but I don't remember what kind of vehicle he had, don't belive it was a mercedes, but that might be the problem.

·
Registered
2001 ML320
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand there is something called a condensate drain. Anyone know how I can access it and clean it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Passenger footwell.... look under dash toward front of car, now more toward the center of the car is a black tube running thru the carpet... you may need to pull the under dash panel off. You'll see with some light where it connects to the bottom of the heater box... pull it off and see how wet you get!!! You may need to pull the hole hose out of the firewall if it is clogged real bad... its not that long, and is pretty easy to get back in, or just try some compressed air or anything else you can fangle to get you blockage out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sometimes you can take an airhose and blow out the condensation tube from underneath the vehicle. In south florida algae tends to block the tube and it is a common fix.

·
Registered
'11 C300
423 Posts
mdenman said:
sometimes you can take an airhose and blow out the condensation tube from underneath the vehicle. In south florida algae tends to block the tube and it is a common fix.
Here is the most common problem AND fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts