Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes Benz SL500
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the other threads and know that the expiration dates for the airbags do not matter. While washing my car the other day I noticed my sticker has no dates on it at all. I first assumed they stopped putting dates on the cars, but have noticed pictures of other 98+ SL's with dates on them. I then feared my car has either been repainted or had body work. I checked out pictures of other SL's to see where the airbag, and vin sticker were on the door jams to see if mine were in the wrong location. But I could not see a common placement scheme for these (different years, different locations on the jam?). Anyway I am 99.9% positive my car has not had any body/paint work done to it. Is there any reason why my airbag sticker has no dates? I know the point is moot with the dates having no meaning, but curious. Besides, why go to the trouble of putting the airbag expiration placard on the car at all if you were not to put dates on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
'93 SL500 (sold), '88 GMC Sierra 360,000 miles, '86 Yamaha FJ1200 (criminally fast)
770 Posts
That is weird.

Mine is in the same location as yours. I'll look tomorrow to see if the printing can be cleaned off?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts