Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1981 240D
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As cold approaches, heating on my 240D '81 side two vents by the doors work fine but two in the center vents blow cold air regardless how I adjust knobs.

Where to look?

(I was not able to open my trunk since this summer. Is this something related?? )

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo Diesel
59 Posts
I thought I read in the original manual where it said that the 2 center/inside vents were the "cold" air vents. I could be wrong in how I read it but mine works just like the way you described yours except they dont really blow any air when Im running the heat. Mine never came with AC but when I move the dial to colder air those are the vents I feel it from.

Im investigating a lower vent issue on mine right now. My feet are freezing.

·
Registered
1981 240D
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to refer the original manual and will do some research before I dive in.
This post shows low it looks inside maze.
PeachPartsWiki: Replacing the A/C Evaporator

My later model '84 300D with automatic climate control doesn't blow hot air at all - that's another full discussion...

·
Registered
1984 300D
492 Posts
Man, no kidding on the extra socks. I've got to tear into the dash on my 84 300D to fix the center vent issue. I'm not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
W123 280CE
14 Posts
As cold approaches, heating on my 240D '81 side two vents by the doors work fine but two in the center vents blow cold air regardless how I adjust knobs.

That's how it's supposed to be. Have a look in your owners manual if you have one. :)

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,172 Posts

·
Registered
1981 240D
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's how it's supposed to be. Have a look in your owners manual if you have one. :)
Thanks for clarification.

Boy...learning something new everyday. (and sorry about my ignorance after a year of ownership of this marvelous machine.)
Don't I love this car!
I guess I am totally spoiled by nowadays nonsense digit number temperature input climate control for left/right/center/middle/bottom/top/...rear/far rear for dogs ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts