Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

I have just changed my air suspension on my v class 220 cdi 03 plate
to springs which went really smoothly but can't seem to get the
red suspension symbol on the dash to go out even when I remove
the fuse which it says it is in the manual can anyone out there
point me to the right fuse or have any suggestions.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I'm not familiar with the V-class but most likely you would have to have the car coded with SDS to make it aware that the air suspension does not exist any more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember reading this from a guy who has done the conversion.

I did this conversion about a month ago, I have bumped the thread so you can read it "Air Kompressor....".

An addition is that just removing the fuse seems to work until you try the rear demister which is controlled by the same fuse. So you must take out the bulb in the dash - which is easy enough to do.

No problems encountered since the conversion.

Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
i got problems of my own. but i would think if you've changed your suspension, you'll no longer need the ecu which is fitted in the back under the panel on the right...
im sure the light goes out when thats removed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i am new to the forum and i also have a problem with the v class suspencion.
The back of my v class wont go up, normally on turning the key the pump kicks in and it would rise and off i go . but now for some reason my back end is not going up at all. i have checked the fuses under pass seat and they are fine. can anybody help me please.

·
Registered
299 Posts
snoopwhiteboxer,

Have a look at the thread titled 'damn air suspension'. It's updated regularly so will be near the top of the list of threads.

There are a few faults that the suspension could have, but you need to establish a couple of things first... is the pump still kicking in??? if it is, there's hope for you coz that's the really expensive part. If the pump doesn't start of it's own accord, you could get under the car and find the plug that goes to the pump and put a 12v supply on it, this will determine whether the motor itself it goosed.

Next question is the light on the dashboard... does it light up, have you tried pressing and holding the suspension switch on the dash (do it with the engine running), if so what happens? As you'll read on the other thread, the suspension valves seem to cause intermittent problems then fails altogether, leaving the light on in the dashboard, when you press the switch on the dash for 5 seconds the dash light flashes rapidly then goes back on when you let go of the switch.

Another thing to try (if the pump works) is to get the pump running then turn the engine off and get round to where the compressor is sited under the car (underneath the passenger seat) and listen for any air leaks, as there are seal kits that can fail causing air loss, therefore your suspension wouldn't work. These seals can be purchased from merc for around £2 a set (3 sets required).

The most common problem that we have discovered on here is the solenoid valve set. These are pretty easy to replace and are available from V-Klasse in Germany, V-Klasse are less half the price of the Merc dealers and are apparently better quality. They also supply a range of compressors for the V class too.

I'd have another look at the car, then post the symptoms and see what you get, the other thread is more recent and has a lot more info on it.

As for fuses, there is another bank of fuses under the steering coloumn, but i have no idea which one (if any) is associated to the compressor.

Good luck,

Gordon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
help

hi

I have just changed my air suspension on my v class 220 cdi 03 plate
to springs which went really smoothly but can't seem to get the
red suspension symbol on the dash to go out even when I remove
the fuse which it says it is in the manual can anyone out there
point me to the right fuse or have any suggestions.
can you tell me what is need of parts to change air suspension to springs.thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts