Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question for you guys.. I have noticed the front and back of my car does this so I think it is normal. The car feels tight and everything seems great so I don't know.. but when I go over a speed bump and the car drops off the bump I can feel the suspension compressing and then I feel something else, almost like the dampening rate changes.. I figured it's the struts compressing and then the airbag absorbing.. it's really not that noticable, it's probably my OCD but I noticed the front and back both do the same exact thing so I would think it's normal.. If I drop the car off the speed bump very slow it won't do it..

·
Registered
930 Posts
I know what you mean.

I think it's the air suspension reaction time. If you're really sensitive to it, you can feel it kick in and "stiffen up" the supension in the middle of the suspension bounce.

I can really only feel in two occasions:
When I hit a bump at a moderate speed, driving in a straight line on the Normal suspension setting.
When the road dips a little and goes up and down at high speed again on Normal. It feels like the first dip is really dippy and the other dips are taken much better.

Driving with the suspension on 1 light fixes all that though.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured that was the case.. Found it hard to believe the front and back both had an exact same problem..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts